FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is MRI?
- Why did my doctor order an MRI?
- Are MRI scanners dangerous?
- Why are some MRI’s “open” and some are not?
- Why are MRIs so noisy?
- Why do MRI scans take so long?
- How do I prepare for an MRI?
- What does the MR scanning center staff need to know about me to perform the scan?
- What will happen when I get scanned?
- Isn’t an MRI scan basically the same as a CAT scan?
- Do you need a prescription for an MRI?
- If I have an MRI scan, how will I find out the results?
- Can I choose the kind of MRI scanner I want?
- Do I have to lie still when I have an MRI?
- What is the difference between T1 and T2?
- What does the term “field strength” mean?